How y’all doing? Nothing much here- dentist and doctor’s appointments, baking cookies and agonizing about my raging hormones and all their side effects. 😉 Sam is with us until the 25th and we’ve been walking and walking, he’s been enjoying himself and I’ve been pretending I did, too, for his sake. Meanwhile I’ve been longing for warmer places, both while day dreaming and in my sleep. 😉
This year we’ll celebrate with F’s family again, but I’m hoping that next year it’ll be our turn to host Christmas. 😉 Meanwhile I have two more gifts to deliver and no energy to do anything else than drink coffee in bed. I hope you have the best of holidays and do try this recipe, ’cause they’re simply amazing!
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee (powder) dissolved in
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 ⅔ cups flour
- ¾ cup conf sugar for rolling
- optional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the oil, brown and granulated sugar for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract, coffee, and baking soda. Beat to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well until creamy and smooth after each addition.
- Add the flour and beat until just combined. If the dough is too loose to scoop at this point, refrigerate it for an hour or two before continuing.
- Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop, then drop it into the granulated sugar. Roll to coat evenly. Next, roll the ball of dough in the powdered sugar and roll until evenly and fully coated. Place on the tray and repeat until all dough has been used. Leave plenty of room for cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 9-10 minutes, until the tops are set.
- If you don’t want to roll the cookies in the granulated sugar, they will be fine, but the powdered sugar won’t show up much.
Wrap them up and give them to your best friends or take them with you as a go-to gift. 😉 ❤